Thursday, January 24, 2008

Chapters 6-8

Tunnell, Michael O. and James S. Jacobs. Children's Literature Briefly. 4e. Upper Saddle River NJ: Pearson/Merrill Prentice Hall, 2008.
I really liked the idea of the teacher writing a poem on the board daily so the children could look at it. The teacher doesn't have to read it to them, or ask them the meaning; it is just there for them to read if they like. And I think in most cases they would read it. It is so often that kids lose interest in poetry because they are always asked to interpret the poem. Well that is no fun for a child. When I was little my favorite poems were in the book, Where the Sidewalk Ends by Shel Silverstein. I think that those are great poems for children. They are funny and alot of kids can identify with them!

No comments: