Sunday, April 20, 2008

ZOOM Craft Lesson

Discussion:
This book is all about perspective and how all people see things so differently. I would use this book to show my students that each person’s perspective is different and just because they think a picture shows one thing another student will see it as being something totally opposite.

How To Teach It:
For this activity I would let each student have a copy of Zoom. I would not read the whole book first; instead I would go through each picture individually. Before we began I would explain to the students that each picture is part of something bigger. As we go through each picture each student would have a piece of paper and they would write down what they see in that picture. Their next task would be to think of where that picture fits in the next picture. As they flip the page they can see if they were right or not but they can not change what they wrote down. After we have done that with all the pictures they will switch with a partner and see if their perspectives of the pictures are the same.
Banyai, Istvan. Zoom. New York NY: Puffin Books, 1995.


No comments: