Sunday, April 6, 2008

Chapter 14

Tunnell, Michael O. and James S. Jacobs. Children's Literature, Briefly. 4e. Upper Sadle River NJ: Pearson/Merrill Prentice Hall, 2008.
I never knew how many types of informational books there really are. This chapter went through different types of informational books and how we could incorporate them into the modern day classroom. I never liked informational books while I was in school mainly because they were never presented to me as being interesting to read. These types of books were what I looked at to do research. This chapter gave many new types of informational books and great ways to use them in the classrooms today. I believe children should read these books not only for information, but for fun as well. I feel I will incorporate informational books into my classroom library.

No comments: