Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Yumm MMMM Que Rico

Mora, Pat. Yum! MmMm! Que rico!. Illus. Rafael Lopez. Madison Avenue NY: LEE & LOW BOOKS Inc., 2007.

I kind of had mixed feelings about this book. I loved the illustrations and all of the vibrant colors on the pages. I had to read it a couple of times to auctually get my feelings together. At first i did not like the way this book was written. But, as i read it more i started to like it. I started to auctually enjoy the haikus on each page and found them engaging. The informational text on each page was very interesting. I didn't know some of the facts about each food. In my opinion i would probably keep this for upper lever kids. It might fly over the youngers ones heads.

1 comment:

Staci said...

I agree that it would best be used for older kids. The pictures and haikus are appropriate for pre K - 1st graders, but I think the little ones lack the geographic and cultural background knowledge to make sense of the food origin information. I'd probably save it for 3rd graders.