Monday, March 17, 2008

Sidewalk Circus Craft Lesson

Fleischman, Paul and Hawkes, Kevin. Sidewalk Circus. Picture book. Cambridge MA: Candlewick Press, 2004.


Discussion
I think imagination is a very important trait for a child to develop. Wonderful things can come from a child having an active imagination, and the last thing I feel we as future teachers should do is supress that!

How to Teach It
I would like the students to create their own Sidewalk Circus by using their imaginations. First I would read the book very carefully so the students can start to see the "circus" in the book. This might be easy for a child to look over if they don't use their imaginations. The students can go where ever they feel the most comfortable; the gym, library, outisde or in the luch room, and look around to imagine thier Sidewalk Circus. I feel that this will get their imaginations working and wonderful things will come when they start to get wrapped up in their own Sidewalk Circus!

No comments: