Monday, March 17, 2008

Stuart's Cape

Pennypacker, S. Stuart's Cape. Illus. Martin Matje. New York NY: Scholastic/Orchard Books, 2002.

This book was about a little boy with a very active imagination! He is very bored until he puts on his "cape" and it takes him on wonderful adventures to meet amazing people. He flys, meets a dinosaur and a horse, his cat turns into the garbage man and he grows toast as big as a matress! I really , really enjoyed reading this book and it was such an easy read. This book uses such great imagery to paint pictures for the reader, and I really got caught up in Stuart's imagination. This would be a great book to introduce to the reader who is tired of picture books but not quite ready for a longer chapter book. AWESOME BOOK!

1 comment:

Ms. Heather Walker said...

I agree with you that this book is great for the picture books/chapter books transition. I was thinking the same thing while reading the book! However, I wish I could have been caught up in Stuart's imagination more like you say you were. I feel that's the main reason as to why I did not like the book.