Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Sidewalk Circus

Fleischman, Paul and Hawkes, Kevin. Sidewalk Circus. Picture book. Cambridge MA: Candlewick Press, 2004.

I thought this was an interesting book. I do like the idea of the children being allowed to make the story their own, and make their own words for the story. Although, it might be a little hard for kids to pick up on the pictures. I think that you have to be able to look closely at the pictures to pick up on the "Sidewalk Circus", and that might be a little hard for children to do. I personally liked the illustrations in the book, but, I was also never afraid of clowns growing up! I found myself going into my imagination just like the child in the book would!I know alot of children that are afraid of clowns and circus' so they might be a little terrified by this! But, all in all, I feel this is a good book to develop a childs imagination!

No comments: